Guidelines for the use of free credits and free credit recognition
A total of 12 free credits (ECTS) can be chosen independently by the student. This choice is totally free, though within the limits of the educational objectives of the course of study, which needs to be evaluated and approved by the Degree course delegates to the study plan.
* PLEASE NOTE: Before starting an individual path for these free credits acquisition, students are invited to contact the Delegates of the study plans of the course in advance by submitting their request to be acknowledged in terms of possible acceptance and ECTS.
NRMTRD Degree course delegates for study plan:
Laura Mugnai (laura.mugnai@unifi,it) Edgardo Giordani (firstname.lastname@example.org )
The possibilities to account free credits are listed below.
1) EXAM - Language test (ECTS recognized: 6)
Students are allowed to account free credits, as offered by the LM Course, taking an additional language test among the following: reading comprehension at level B2 of a language of their choice (Spanish - B013690; Portuguese - B013692; French - B013686; German - B013688), assuming that none of them is part of the Bachelor's Degree career nor student's mother tongue. The language course must be taken at the Language Center of the University of Florence (CLA).
2) EXAM - Attendance and passing the exam in a course offered by UNIFI (ECTS recognized: those of the course), as usual to be approved by the Degree course delegates. This can be done by:
- selecting a course of the other NRMTRD curriculum
- selecting a course (in Italian) of other Master's degree courses of the School of Agriculture*
- selecting a course of other Master degree courses in the whole Florence University (see links and examples in the STUDY PLAN power point).*
3) PROFITABLE ATTENDANCE (= FREQUENZA PROFICUA) or ENHANCING SKILLS.
- PROFITABLE ATTENDANCE (= FREQUENZA PROFICUA). Participation to activities as educational workshops and seminars considered relevant for job opportunities, with profitable attendance (it is necessary to produce proof of the final test).
They may be recognized even if done soon before or during this Master's degree, as long as they add more knowledge and/or suitable experience to your studies, and are well documented.
This activity needs to be approved by the Degree course delegates to the study plan that will evaluate the correspondence to 3 or 6 ECTS/CFU. For Profitable attendance the choice can be between:
B014825 - FREQUENZA PROFICUA DI ATTIVITA' FORMATIVE - 3 CFU
B014831 - FREQUENZA PROFICUA DI ATTIVITA' FORMATIVE - 6 CFU
- ENHANCING SKILLS FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- Traineeship in Erasmus (https://www.unifi.it/p10034.html).
- Traineeship at DAGRI (=”Tirocini interni al DAGRI”) following specific rules (https://www.dagri.unifi.it/vp-755-tirocini-interni-al-dagri.html?newlang=ita). Only students that have completed their safety training courses can use this option. This activity needs to be approved by the Degree course delegates to the study plan that will than evaluate the correspondence to 3 or 6 ECTS/CFU.
- Traineeship as activity in a farm or other, as long as full proof of attendance (description of activities performed, official payment sheets, signed timetable) are provided. This activity needs to be approved by the Degree course delegates to the study plan which will then evaluate the correspondence to 3 or 6 ECTS/CFU.
Therefore for Enhancing skills the choice can be between:
B021575 - ENHANCING SKILLS FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – 3 CFU
B021576 - ENHANCING SKILLS FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – 6 CFU
HOW TO REACH 12 FREE ECTS?
In order to reach 12 ECTS free credits, the following possible slots are envisaged, namely 3 ECTS + 9 ECTS or 6 ECTS + 6 ECTS.
It is possible to indicate in the study plan the 12 free credits
a) 3 ECTS Profitable attendance ( e.g., a webinar) and a 9 ECTS exam;
b) 6 ECTS as Enhancing skills (e.g. traineeship in Erasmus) and a 6 ECTS exam.
It is however possible to register two 3-ECTS activities by asking the Degree Course Council to have recognized 6 ECTS in total deriving from two 3-ECTS activities (example, a 3-ECTS webinar and a 3-ECTS internship, or 2 three-ECTS webinars etc.).
RECOGNITION OF FREE CREDITS
- Free credit recognition form with stamp (“marca da bollo”).
- write to the Segreteria studenti (indicating your student number - matricola) so as to receive a bulletin issued like the one for university fees accounting € 16, for the virtual stamp
- once the € 16 bulletin has been paid by the student, he/she will have to send an email to email@example.com attaching:
- The signed application form
- Copy of the receipt of the € 16 bulletin
- Copy of an identity document
- All the documentation relating to the activity (informally previously examined by the Delegates to the study plans) for which recognition as Profitable attendance or Enhancing skills is requested).
More in detail, these are the steps to be followed for free credit recognition:
1st step - PRELIMINARY FEASIBILITY ASSESMENT - Before starting an individual path, students are invited to contact the Delegates of the study plans of the course in advance, for a preliminary confirmation of feasibility and ECTS of the request they would like to propose for credits recognition.
2nd step - APPLICATION for OFFICIAL RECOGNITION BY THE DELEGATE - Once the activity is completed and for the subsequent recognition of ECTS, students should send an e-mail request to the Delegates attaching all the documents (certificates of attendance, hours of activities carried out, etc.) acknowledging their effective participation.
3rd step - OFFICIAL REQUEST TO THE SCUOLA DI AGRARIA SECRETARIAT – After the approval by the Delegate, as a last step, the student will have to send a formal request to the Segreteria studenti of the Scuola di Agraria Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (with an identity card or passport):
- Fill up the form and add the delegate approval email i.e. acceptance statement.
- The form should be completed with a virtual stamp (“marca da bollo”) that cost 16€ that you obtain writing to the Segreteria studenti (indicating your student number - matricola) so as to receive a bulletin (issued like the one for university fees) accounting € 16, in order to get the virtual stamp.
- When the € 16 bulletin has been paid by the student, she/he will have to send an email to email@example.com attaching:
- The signed application form,
- Copy of the receipt of the € 16 bulletin,
- Copy of an identity document
- All the documentation relating to the activity (informally preliminarily examined by the Delegates to the study plans) for which recognition as Enhancing skills is requested).